There are many ways to get there…
once you know where there is
When choosing a therapist it is natural to want to know what you will experience in counselling, what techniques the therapist uses, and what their beliefs are.
Research has shown that one of the most important factors in the success of your therapy is finding a therapist who you feel holds you in complete unconditional positive regard and with whom you develop a strong rapport.
I am trained in and use several therapeutic modalities including:
- Person Centred Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Life Coaching
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Narrative Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
I work primarily with clients working on overcoming anxiety, depression, addictions and trauma.
The basic assumptions of my integrative therapeutic approach are:
• Our past and our resulting beliefs effect our present.
• Healthier outcomes come from understanding the origin of those beliefs and determining whether some beliefs are outdated, incorrect or in need of an update.
• People are whole and act out of positive intentions.
• Developing healthy connections with others and being a healthy member of society is important for emotional health.
• Individuals have all the resources within them to resolve their own issues and to determine positive interventions for their own health.
• By practicing strengths-based positive interventions, an individual can feel more whole and enjoy a healthier life.
Therapy is a collaborative project between the client and therapist. As a therapist I help you formulate your goals and give you guidance, options and encouragement on how to accomplish those goals.
My Promise to You
I will always treat you with compassion and respect. I will create a warm, caring, safe environment for our work together. I will listen deeply and work with you collaboratively to help you reach your goals. I will support and encourage you throughout your therapy.
I teach all of my clients mood regulating techniques through breath, mindfulness, meditation or self-hypnosis.